The National Network for Youth recommends strategic and targeted actions to support a coordinated effort to engage, serve, and successfully support youth who are unaccompanied and experience runaway and homeless situations. Framed by our successful experiences working with the population and an understanding of the typology of homeless youth presented by the National Alliance to End Homelessness (NAEH), the recommendations outlined in this paper emerged from a series of meetings involving National Network for Youth runaway and homeless youth service providers in early 2012. These agencies have 200 years of combined experience serving runaway and homeless youth.
- Establishing a reliable national estimate of youth homelessness June 26, 2015
- CT Pulled Off First Ever Statewide Homeless Youth Count! Here’s How . . . June 10, 2015
- Over 400 Organizations Support the Homeless Children and Youth Act—NN4Y is One of Them June 3, 2015
- Bringing youth to the table: Raise your community’s focus on unaccompanied youth with a TA grant from NAEHCY May 29, 2015
- Legislation to Protect Homeless and Vulnerable Youth Failed to Pass the Senate Today April 22, 2015