The National Network for Youth recommends strategic and targeted actions to support a coordinated effort to engage, serve, and successfully support youth who are unaccompanied and experience runaway and homeless situations. Framed by our successful experiences working with the population and an understanding of the typology of homeless youth presented by the National Alliance to End Homelessness (NAEH), the recommendations outlined in this paper emerged from a series of meetings involving National Network for Youth runaway and homeless youth service providers in early 2012. These agencies have 200 years of combined experience serving runaway and homeless youth.
- Legislation to Protect Homeless and Vulnerable Youth Failed to Pass the Senate Today April 22, 2015
- Representatives Reichert and Yarmuth Introduce the Runaway and Homeless Youth and Trafficking Prevention Act April 15, 2015
- National Network for Youth to Host Second National Summit on Youth Homelessness March 18, 2015
- Senators Leahy and Collins Introduce the Runaway and Homeless Youth and Trafficking Prevention Act January 27, 2015
- As Holidays Approach, Senate Leaves Kids Out In the Cold November 24, 2014